Surya G Tarigan
Address: Apartement Pakubuwono Terrace Tower Utara lt 26 unit D9,
Kebayoran Lama – Cipulir, Jakarta Selatan
Mobile : 083806431477
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
I have long-standing interest in housing, real estates, design and development of cities. Research into housing market, property prices and its social and financial significance at regional and national level also become my research passion.
Sep 2012 – Jan 2017 Atmajaya Yogyakarta University (UAJY) & Pasca UAJY
Yogyakarta – Indonesia, Lecturer
- Carry out research, teaching and supervising undergraduate and master graduate.
- Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high-quality curriculum.
- Actively promote the plan to open a new doctoral programme in the few next years.
Jan 2012 – Jun 2012 DPA Architect Ltd
London – UK, Architectural Assistant
- Preparing house designs and site developments for planning application, preparing building regulations and making presentation drawings.
Nov 2011 – Dec 2011 Simon Timperley Chartered Architect
Newcastle-UK, Architectural Assistant
- Preparing 3d model and schematic design for planning application of a 7th floor apartment near listed buildings.
May 2011 – Dec 2011 GRAD scheme –Northern Architecture, Newcastle-UK
- Playing a key role as a member of the design team tasked with preparing design for competitions and projects, doing research, community engagement and presentation.
July 2010 – Sep 2010 Site Management Internship –
Jesmond Property Development Ltd Newcastle-UK
- Actively involved in supervising construction progress on site, make a daily and weekly progress report to ensure the progress meet the dead
Dec 2009 – May 2010 PT. JAYA KONSTRUKSI MANGGALA PRATAMA
Site Engineer, Indonesia
- Successfully completing some building constructions on time, on budget and in satisfactory quality
- Making a personal contribution to some basic change on site which accelerated the construction progress in order to catch up the three months progress behind the schedule.
- Working extensivelly with the workers and solve the problems arise on site effectivelly
- Making a progress schedule, cost estimation and checking technical drawings before initial construction progress
May 2009 – Nov 2009 PT. BAKRIE SWASTIKA UTAMA
Fit out Supervisor, Indonesia – Bakrie Tower (47th floor) and Epicentrum (Mall & office building 45000 m2)
- Working in a busy environment with responsibility to supervise fitting out works up to five contractors on the same time
- Supervising the implementation of health and safety issue in the building environment
- Checking contractor’s technical drawings to be compatible with the building standards.
Aug 2007 – April 2009 Freelance Architect
Architect & Project Manager, Indonesia
- Successfully completing some individual projects ranging from housing to office
- Working in close conjunction with client in design process
Jun 2005 – Jul 2007 PT. Pratita Total Design
Junior Architect, Indonesia
- Successfully completing several projects under World Bank on Aceh reconstruction after tsunami.
- Playing a pivotal role in preparing design proposal, schematic design and presentation to client
- Acquiring an excellent understanding of drawings, plans and documents for statutory approvals
Education and qualifications
|2012 – 2016 PhD Architecture, Planning and Landscape
Newcastle University, United Kingdom
Thesis Title: Housing, Homeownership and Labour Market Change in Indonesia
2010 – 2011 MA Architecture and Planning Studies (Design) – 2.1 (Merit)
Newcastle University, United Kingdom
|2002 – 2006 B. Arch Overall result: GPA: 3.1 out of 4.0
University of North Sumatra, Indonesia
Training and Development
Jun 2003 – Oct 2003 Multimedia Course, Bina Nusantara Medan
In this 1 year program, I learned on how to use drawing software like AutoCAD, 3ds Max, CorelDraw, Photoshop and other animation softwares like Macromedia Director, Adobe Premier and Sound Force. I also learned basic structures of graphics designs and how to apply them in projects during the course.
Jan 2007 – April 2007 Structural Analysis Program, YPK Pauline
I learned how to create a structural design using SAP 2000 in order to make a safe design yet economical efficient. I also learned about basic principles of structural design.
Feb 2015 – March 2015 Cost Estimation Course, LPP Bina Maju Bangsa Jakarta
I learned about cost estimation for residential buildings including the cost analysis.
Computing Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Power Point, and MS Project), extensive architecture drawing using AutoCAD, Autodesk Revit, Sketchup, 3dsMax, Vectorworks, Piranesi, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign.
Language English (fluent), Indonesian (fluent)
Interests and activities
Cinema, Cycling and Tennis
Suzanne Speak Domenico Padalino
Claremont Tower DPA Architect Ltd
Newcastle University 3c brocket road
Tel : +44 (0) 191 222 5646 Tel : 01992469002